How can multiple genres of music be combined in interesting ways?
Being open to many genres of music can help you hear and explore new musical possibilities while you produce.
- How can being open to musical genres help you hear in new ways?
- How can being open to musical genres hear relationships between different types of music?
- How could being closed in your hearing limit your creativity or ability to produce?
- Listen to how DJ Earworm mashes up all of these songs from Pop, Hip-Hop, Country and R&B to create one Dance record:
- Think about and answer the following questions:
- How might the mix have sounded differently if DJ Earworm used only one genre of music?
- Do you think the mix would have been as interesting if he had used only one genre? Why or why not?
- If you were to create your own mashup, would you refuse to use certain genres? Why or why not?
Share What you Learned
- Discuss some ways that being open to musical genres can help you as a producer
Return to the XP: How can I be open to many different types of music?
Return to the Get Started Producing Music Learning Playlist