What would it be like to sample live audio?
One way to make a beat is by reusing parts of a recording in a creative way.
- How can you reuse existing music creatively?
- Go to the Voice Spinner
- “Sample” live audio in your browser by tapping the mic button and using your voice, an instrument, or whatever you have access to that can make a sound
- Play around with the slider by moving it left and right to speed up and slow down the sample and play it forward and backward
- Imagine what it would be like to chop up the recording into smaller parts and then to re-arrange the parts or to use the smaller parts in new and interesting ways.
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to describe what it was like to play with your sampled live audio recording
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Describe what it was like to play with your sampled live audio recording and how you could use parts of it creatively in a beat
Return to How is sampling a part of making a beat? (continue to the next XP in the mini-playlist)
Return to the Getting Started Making Beats Music Learning Playlist