How do I find helpful tutorials?
There’s no one “right” way to get started making beats. One way you might get started is by finding and using tutorials.
- How can I get started making beats?
- How can using tutorials give my ideas for making a beat?
- How can I find helpful tutorials on my own?
Find your own tutorials online by using search terms such as:
“Beat tutorial” “beat deconstructed” “how to make the [fill in the blank] beat”
Note: Not all tutorials are high quality so if you find your own. keep track of the youtube channels or sites that you like best so you can return to them.
To help you keep track of helpful and high-quality tutorials:
- Keep track of the youtube channels or sites that you like best so you can return to them.
- Figure out what criteria you can use to determine if a tutorial is helpful and high-quality
- Use your criteria to determine whether a tutorial is worth your time
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to describe some high-quality tutorials you found and what makes them helpful or high-quality
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Describe some high-quality tutorials you found and what makes them high quality
Return to the XP How do I get started making a beat? (try another option or go back to the making beats playlist)