If you want to get started producing music, it is important to listen and think like a producer.
- How can I listen and think like a producer?
- Am I listening to or thinking about music any differently now after trying out the XPs in this playlist?
- If so, how?
- Choose an example of music that you like. The producer can be anyone, including you.
- Discuss the music from the perspective of a producer.
- Mention the specific music you are discussing and the producer’s name.
- If you produced the music, consider sharing a link to a recording and showing off aspects of your production
Here are some things to think about and include in your discussion:
- What are some qualities that you think make the music enjoyable or good?
- How do you think the parts of the music were recorded?
- refer back to the XP on capturing ideas and recording sound
- What types of editing do you think (or do you know) took place to make the music?
- How do you think the music does or does not fit with a genre/style of music?
- What types of decisions do you think were made (or do you think should be made) about how the music is mixed?
- refer back to the XP on mixing
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- If you want, try out some of the optional Go Further! activities that you skipped throughout the playlist
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
Share your discussion in text or video selfie form.
This is the last XP of the Get Started Producing Music Learning Playlist