XP 8: I can get started making beats!
Now that you know some approaches to making beats, try creating your own.
- How can I make a beat?
- What sounds should I choose for my beat?
- What tempo should I choose for my beat?
- How should I arrange my beat?
- What can I do to make my beat sound interesting or to make it fit in a genre I like?
- How should I share my beat with others?
1) Choose to make a beat in Groove Pizza, Splice BeatMaker, BandLab Drum Machine or another music app
2) Consider reviewing some of the XPs from the making beats playlist
3) To show what you’ve learned in the playlist experiment with the following approaches to making beats:
- Experiment with different sounds and choose some that you think will work well in your beat
- Experiment with different tempos and choose one that sounds good for your beat
- Arrange your beat so that it sounds organized and so people will remember it
- Figure out what hashtags you would give your beat if you were going to share it with others
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- If you want, you can then learn even more with the optional “Go Further!” activities below
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
Share a link to your beat and also include the following:
- Any hashtags you would use if you were going to share it on SoundCloud
- An explanation of some decisions you made while making your beat
- What you like best about your beat
- What aspects of your beat making you would like to improve in the future
This is the last XP of the Getting Started Making Beats Music Learning Playlist