How can I share my beats via social media?
Sure, you can wait for people to find your music. But, if you want people to hear your beats you are probably going to want to share them with others.
- How can I help people know about my music?
- Where should I share my music?
- How can I use technology to share my beats with others?
- Take a look at the different ways you can share your tracks from SoundCloud
Interested in sharing your music with people you know in a way that is private?
Take a look at this video that shows you how to share your music privately:
2. Choose some social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc.) where you can share your music along with the hashtags you chose.
Note: If you are under 18 you need to have a parent or legal guardian’s permission before you share any of your music via social media
3. Before sharing your music, think about and answer the following questions:
- What might be the best ways for you to share your music?
- How do you friends and peers find out about most of the music they listen to?
- How do they discover new music?
- What are advantages of the different websites or forms of social media for sharing your music?
4. If you have permission from a parent or legal guardian and want to share your music, use one of the SoundCloud sharing options to share your music on a social media platform of your choice and add the hashtags that describe your music.
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to share your music with social media and SoundCloud
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Explain or demonstrate how you can share your music with social media and SoundCloud
- Make sure that you have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before you share any of your music via social media or SoundCloud
Return to the XP How can I share my beats with others?