XP4: How can I shape sounds with code?
Sometimes you might want to change the type of sound you use when creating or performing music.
You can change the characteristics of a sound with code.
How can we shape sounds or music with code? (coding ADSR)
Let’s try shaping sound by coding and programming music.
Code the sound you want in Sonic Pi
Check out this video on shaping sound by coding ADSR:
1) Open Sonic Pi [if the help section isn’t already open, click on “help”]
2) Try tutorial 2.4 “Duration with Envelopes”
3) Try tutorial 3.4 “Enveloped Samples”
Optional Challenge: Can you make your music sound. . .
- like a drum?
- like a guitar?
- like a bassline?
- like something someone would rap over?
- like something you could dance to?
- like it’s underwater?
- like a robot?
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP