How can we use code to create music or sound?
Getting Started with Scratch
- How can you use a coding platform to create music?
- What coding platforms are you aware of that allow you to make music?
- How do you think people might use code to create music?
Get Started with Scratch:
Scratch is a programming platform that uses digital blocks to create media arts projects, games, music, stories, and more. Scratch can be used to make music in a variety of ways.
You can get started right away by trying out this step-by-step guide to learn some of the basics for making music in Scratch.
For additional information you can also check out this video:
Some questions to help you get started:
- Can you create a melody through code?
- Can you create a harmony through code?
- Can you create a beat through code?
- Can you create music or sound that . . .
- . . . is based off of a sample code in the Help section of Sonic Pi?
- . . . reminds you of an old video game?
- . . . is scary, funny, exciting, boring, silly, relaxing, or colorful?
- . . . reminds you of a special event, story, or place?
- . . . you would want to share with a friend or family member?
- . . . you would want to rap, sing, or play over?
- . . . you would want to dance to?
If you are using the LRNG platform, go back to the XP to show what you learned
If you are not using the LRNG platform return to: How can we use code to create music or sound?