How can I make sure I can use both sides of the Makey Makey?
This XP focuses on setting up your Makey Makey to create an instrument.
- How do I want to control my Makey Makey instrument?
- What type of music would I like to create with my Makey Makey instrument?
- What do I need to do for my Makey Makey to make sound?
1. Make sure you are comfortable with setting up the Makey Makey
2. Follow the steps below to make sure you can use both sides of the Makey Makey:
Connect Objects to the Makey Makey to Trigger Keys
1) To use the top part of the Makey Makey (Space bar and arrow keys) you can use alligator clips
Photo adapted from original photo by jayahimsa via Flckr
These are alligator clips
2) To use the bottom part of the Makey Makey (letter keys and more) you will need wire such as jumper wires (you can find them at many online vendors including Amazon, SparkFun, AdaFruit etc.)
Photo by jayahimsa via Flickr
Photo by Oomlout
3. Review XP 1 and make sure you are able to use both sides of the Makey Makey
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to show how you can set up both sides of the Makey Makey to make sound
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Show someone how you can set up both sides of the Makey Makey to make sound
Return to the XP How can I create instruments and interfaces with Makey Makey(s) (continue to the next XP in the mini-playlist)