How do I make an instrument with a Makey Makey and music application?
To design an instrument with a Makey Makey, you will want to use a music application. There are many different ways to do this.
- How can I design an instrument or interface using the Makey Makey?
- How can I create and perform interesting music with a Makey Makey?
- Use the following mini-playlist to choose an approach to connecting a music application to the Makey Makey.
- You might want to take a look at each mini-playlist to see what is involved
- To complete this playlist you only need to do one of the following options but you are welcome to do as many as you like:
Design an instrument by connecting the Makey Makey to:
Option A: Web-based music applications [easiest option]
Option B: Scratch (web-based or desktop/laptop)
Option C: Soundplant (desktop/laptop)
Option D: Ableton Live (desktop/laptop) [most advanced option – we suggest trying the other options first]
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- If you want, you can then learn even more by trying the other options
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Share a video of you making some music with your Makey Makey instrument
- In the video explain how you made your instrument
Return to the XP How can I create instruments and interfaces with Makey Makey(s) (continue to the next XP in the mini-playlist)