How can I share my beats with others?
Where can you share your beats so others can hear them?
Where are the best places to share them and why?
What are your goals in sharing your music/beats? Who might hear them?
Who do you want to hear your music/beats?
How do you get more people to listen to or discover your music?
Go to soundcloud.com or bandcamp.com and do the following:
- Search for a genre, style of music, hashtag (for example #trap or #oldschool) or artist that you like
- Observe the search results
- Listen to several of the tracks that appear
- When you find an artist you like, click on their profile
- See what other social media sites the artist links to on their profile
- Do the same thing as steps 1 – 5 but try searching for an artist you already like (also try putting a # next to the name (#Drake) and see if any songs appear that you may not already know
Why do you think artists share their music in these ways?
What is your experience as the listener when you use soundcloud or bandcamp?
If you want people to know about your beats it helps to know how to use social media to share your music with others.
Create a SoundCloud Account
- If you are at least 13-years old you can start an account (if you are under 18 you will need a parent or legal guardian’s permission to set up the account).
- Watch this video on how to create a SoundCloud account
Learn How to Upload Music to SoundCloud
- Watch this video on how to upload a song to SoundCloud
- Watch it again and follow along to upload one of your beats to SoundCloud
- The video goes by pretty quickly so you might want to pause (and rewind) for each step
(optional) Learn How to Upload Music To Soundcloud
Watch this video on uploading music to SoundCloud with additional information to consider:
(Optional) Learn How to Upload A Beat from an Android Mobile Phone to SoundCloud
Watch this video that shows how to upload to Soundcloud with an Android Phone
Note: Android Kingdom says “Zed Archiver,” which is one way of pronouncing “ZArchiver”
Share What You Learned
Describe the process of what it was like to share your music online.