Welcome to the Digital Music and Push Playground facilitated by CITME, AZBeatLab and Oh My Ears:
How do I. . . ?
Use Push and MIDI controllers:
- Setup a MIDI Controller
- Use Ableton Push1 to make beats
- Use Push to record and improvise with loops
- Use Push to play chords and melodies
- Use Launchpad as MIDI controller with Ableton
- Use Launchkey as MIDI controller with Ableton
- Use the computer keyboard as a MIDI controller
- Setup Audio in Ableton
- Setup an Audio Interface with Ableton
- Import and Manipulate Audio in Ableton
- Use Audio clips in Ableton
- Recording Audio with Ableton Live
Projects I can try at home
- Download a 30-day free trial of Ableton and start making music.
- Do you own an Ableton Push or other MIDI Controller? Make a live video of your playing and share it #WeAreAllMusical. Here are some resources:
- Choose a Beat Dissected to make at home. Don’t worry about using the same plugins, the generic ones included in Ableton will work just fine too.
- Once create a beat, try playing a software instrument and creating an additional MIDI track to with chords and/or a melody.
- Don’t own a MIDI controller or DAW? You can still jam and record beats by going to these websites and only your keyboard:
- Create your own Ableton soundpack to make music?
Did you know. . .?
- People often use MIDI controllers to create and perform music live:
- Difference between MIDI and audio
- What is a sample?
- Learn about Sound Design and Randomness in Synthesis w/ James Patrick
- Ableton Co-founder Robert Henke explains physical modelling in synthesis.