How can I create instruments and interfaces with Makey Makey(s)?
This is a mini-playlist for XP5: How can I create an instrument or interface?
This playlist (option B) is designed to help you get started creating instruments and interfaces with Makey Makey(s).
We’re going to experiment with creating an instrument that can communicate with a computer and has some electronics as part of it.
All XPs in this mini-playlist are mandatory for completing XP5 and the Getting Started Creating Instruments and Interfaces Music Learning Playlist(except the optional related resource):
Optional Related Resource: Where can I find help on making instruments and interfaces with a Makey Makey?
Start Here XP5B1 – How can I get access to a Makey Makey?
XP5B2 – How can I set up a Makey Makey to create an instrument?
XP5B3 – How can I make sure I can use both sides of the Makey Makey?
XP5B4 – How do I make an instrument with a Makey Makey and music application?
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- You only need to submit what you learned for XP5B4 to complete this mini-playlist
- If you want, you can then learn even more with the optional “Go Further!” activities below
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Share a brief video of you or someone you know playing music with your Makey Makey instrument.
- In your video give a short explanation of how you made your instrument
Return to the XP: How can I create an instrument or interface?