Where can I find help on making instruments and interfaces with a Makey Makey?
What do I do to move forward when I am stuck with a challenge or problem?
Where can I go to find help when making instruments and interfaces with a Makey Makey?
You can often find help on projects by searching for answers online.
Tutorials, communities, and forums can be great places online to look for help.
- Take a look at the Makey Makey Labz for tutorials that can help you learn more about ways of using the Makey Makey
- Take a look at the Makey Makey Forum to ask questions or find out what others are asking (and answering)
- You will need to register before asking a question
- If you are working with an adult, request that the adult join the Makey Makey Educator Facebook Group and ask a question on your behalf
After looking through the Makey Makey Labz tutorials and Makey Makey forum do one (or more) of the following:
Option 1. Experience and Analyze a tutorial
- Choose a tutorial that you find interesting or informative
- Identify the parts of the tutorial that are helpful to you
- Identify what you are learning from the tutorial
Option 2. Experience and Analyze a Forum Conversation
- Choose a question in the form that has at least 2 responses
- Identify any information that can be helpful to you
- Identify if the person’s question was answered
Option 3. Ask a question on the Makey Makey Forum
- Look through the forum to make sure no one has already asked the question you have
- Register for an account with the forum (if you are under 18 – check with an adult)
- Ask your question
- Wait and check back after some time to see if anyone answered your question
Share What You Learned
- Describe one of the resources in this XP that you think can be useful to you and what exactly is useful for helping you create a Makey Makey instrument or interface.