How are producing forums or communities helpful?
How can online communities support my learning and projects?
How can I learn from or contribute to online communities?
Forums and online communities can be great for getting help from others. Let’s take a look at what’s available!
Choose one of the forums to answer the following questions
- Sound Design StackExchange
- FutureProducers Forum
- The Producers Forum
- ios Music Production Reddit group
- IDM forums
Discuss the answers to these questions with someone in your community:
- What types of topics or questions are discussed in this forum or group?
- What are the most typical “tags” used?
- What are the most popular topics in the forums & groups?
- How basic or advanced are the discussions?
- Which existing posts can be helpful to you in a current or future project?
Let’s take a look at how this forum or community works:
- How do you search for a topic that you need help with?
- How do you use tags to find related topics?
- How is all the information organized?
- What other features of the forum or community can be helpful to you?
Take a look at some of the other forums and communities and answer these questions. Do you notice any similarities or differences?
Show and Share What you Learned
- Take a screenshot OR link to a forum or community post that you think can help you.
- Type or share a video selfie answering the following questions about the post:
- What is the main topic of the post?
- What tags, if any, are used for the post?
- What types of ratings or comments did the post get?
- How can the post be helpful to you?