What makes a hit? Part 1
Being an A&R representative requires being able to identify the components that make a song or artist a hit and coordinating the right elements to ensure a successful result.
What makes music. . .
- a hit?
- a slow burner classic?
- a flop?
- stand out in your memory?
- Name 5 of your favorite songs
- What makes them your favorite songs?
- Think about the first song you remember loving.
- Think about and answer the following questions
- What do you remember about the first song you loved?
- How did it make you feel?
- Can you remember the melody? the lyrics? How it sounds?
- What made you love it?
- Do you still love that song? Why or why not?
- What makes it stand out from other songs you like or don’t like?