How do I get started making a beat?
There’s no one “right” way to get started making beats. One way you might get started is by using tutorials.
- How can I get started making beats?
- How can using tutorials give my ideas for making a beat?
Option C: Using Tutorials
You can find all kinds of beat making tutorials online. Take a look at some types of tutorials with examples below:
Text and Pictures
Some tutorials have step by step instructions with text and pictures like Attack Magazine’s Beat Dissected tutorial on Dark R&B.
Other tutorials are in the form of videos with explanations like this “Making of Drake’s “Sneakin” With London On Da Track Deconstructed”
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to explain what it was like to use tutorials and how they helped you start making a beat
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Explain what it was like to use tutorials and how they helped you start making a beat
Curious about learning more?
Go Further! (optional) Try finding your own tutorials on making beats
Return to the XP How do I get started making a beat? (try another option or go back to the making beats playlist)