How do I get started making a beat?
There’s no one “right” way to get started making beats. One way you might get started is by listening to a beat you like and trying to make your own version.
- How can I get started making beats?
- How can listening to a beat I like and making my own version give me ideas for making a beat?
Option B: Listening to a beat and making my own version
- Listen to several beats you like and choose one to use as your inspiration.
- Figure out the different parts of the beat as you listen. Try some of these strategies:
Don’t worry about how close your version is to the original. This is just a way to get started.
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to explain what it was like to try to make your own version of a beat you like
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Explain what it was like to try to make your own version of a beat you like
Return to the XP How do I get started making a beat? (try another option or go back to the making beats playlist)