Where should I share my beats for others?
If you want people to find and listen to your beats, it helps to know where and how to share them!
- Where do people share beats so others can hear them?
- Where are the best places to share beats and why?
- How can you get more people to listen to or discover your music?
Go to soundcloud.com or bandcamp.com and do the following:
- Search for a genre, style of music, hashtag (for example #trap or #oldschool) or artist that you like
- [NOTE: Be conscious that soundcloud and bandcamp contain music that some people consider inappropriate for certain contexts – please be respectful of your context]
- Observe the search results
- Listen to several of the tracks that appear [please be respectful of your context]
- When you find an artist you like, click on their profile
- See what other social media sites the artist links to on their profile
- Think about and answer the following questions
- Why do you think artists share their music on these platforms?
- What makes these platforms useful for sharing music?
- What is your experience as the listener when you use SoundCloud or Bandcamp?
- How do these platforms compare to other ways you listen to music?
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- If you want, you can then learn even more with the optional “Go Further!” activities below
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Discuss in text or video selfie answers to some of the questions from step 6
Return to the XP How can I share my beats with others?