How can I prepare my uploaded beats for sharing?
Adding information to your uploaded beats can help people find it easier and can help you when you want to share it with others.
- Where can you share your beats so others can hear them?
- Where are the best places to share them and why?
- What are your goals in sharing your music/beats? Who might hear them?
- Who do you want to hear your music/beats?
- How do you get more people to listen to or discover your music?
Now that you have uploaded a beat to SoundCloud let’s figure out how to share it with others.
- Listen to the music you uploaded to SoundCloud
- Consider what genre of music it fits into
- Determine what types of hashtags you could use to help people find and categorize it (for example #BoomBap or #Afrobeat)
- If you haven’t already done so, add the genre and tags into your track information
- Take a look at how to edit your track information
- Take a look at how to add genre and tags to track information
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to add information to a beat you uploaded and explain your decisions
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Add information to the beat you uploaded to SoundCloud
- Explain the decisions you are making about what information to add
Return to the XP How can I share my beats with others?