Where can I find help for making instruments and interfaces with a Makey Makey?
What do I do to move forward when I am stuck with a challenge or problem?
Where can I go to find help when making instruments and interfaces with a Makey Makey?
You can often find help on projects by searching for answers online.
Tutorials, communities, and forums can be great places online to look for help.
Step 1. Explore tutorials, communities, and forums
- Take a look at the Makey Makey Labz for tutorials that can help you learn more about ways of using the Makey Makey
- Take a look at the Makey Makey Forum to ask questions or find out what others are asking (and answering)
- You will need to register before asking a question
- If you are working with an adult, request that the adult join the Makey Makey Educator Facebook Group and ask a question on your behalf
Step 2. Analyze resources
After looking through the Makey Makey Labz tutorials and Makey Makey forum do one (or more) of the following:
Option A. Experience and Analyze a tutorial
- Choose a tutorial that you find interesting or informative
- Identify the parts of the tutorial that are helpful to you
- Identify what you are learning from the tutorial
Option B. Experience and Analyze a Forum Conversation
- Choose a question in the form that has at least 2 responses
- Identify any information that can be helpful to you
- Identify if the person’s question was answered
Step 3. Ask a question on the Makey Makey Forum
- Look through the forum to make sure no one has already asked the question you have
- Register for an account with the forum (if you are under 18 – check with an adult)
- Ask your question
- Wait and check back after some time to see if anyone answered your question
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to explain the resources available to you and how you might use them
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Describe one of the resources in this XP that you think can be useful to you and what exactly is useful for helping you create a Makey Makey instrument or interface.
Return to the XP How can I create instruments and interfaces with Makey Makey(s) (continue to the next XP in the mini-playlist)