How can I create an instrument with technology?
Digital and web-based versions of instruments let you create your own sounds that can be played with a controller such as your computer keyboard or a MIDI controller.
- How can we use technology to create sounds?
- What sounds do you like?
- How can I customize a sound to use as an instrument?
Now that you have experimented with changing sounds with a web-based instrument, you can create your own instruments.
- Use the techniques you have been playing around with to create three of your own very different sounds
- For each sound/instrument you create:
- Name the sound or instrument whatever you like
- Click save
- Choose whether you want to “lock it” so that people cannot edit your instrument OR keep it open for others to turn into their own instrument!
You just created digital instruments!
- Try making some music with your synth instrument
- Consider sharing your instruments with others to play music with
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Share links to the three sounds/instruments you created
- Describe what you like about your sounds
Curious about learning more?
Return to the music learning mini playlist on Controlling Characteristics of Sound