How do I get started making a beat? Part 2
There’s no one “right” way to get started making beats. Here are a couple of ways that others get started. Try them out and see what works for you.
Here are three ways you can get started making a beat.
- Messing around with sound right away
- Listening to a beat you like and trying to make your own version
- Using tutorials to learn how to make a type of beat
Now we’re going to try. . .
Listening to a beat you like and trying to make your own version
- Listen to several beats you like and choose one to use as your inspiration. It doesn’t need to be exact.
- Figure out the different parts of the beat as you listen. Try some of these strategies:
Don’t worry about how close your version is to the original. This is just a way to get started.
Share What You Learned
- Write a brief post or share a video selfie that explains what it was like to listen to a beat and then make your own version.
- How did listening to a beat and then trying to make your own version help you get started making a beat?
- What other resources or information do you think would be helpful?