How can I share my beats with others? (Part 2)
- Where can you share your beats so others can hear them?
- Where are the best places to share them and why?
- What are your goals in sharing your music/beats? Who might hear them?
- Who do you want to hear your music/beats?
- How do you get more people to listen to or discover your music?
Now that you have uploaded a beat to SoundCloud let’s figure out how to share it with others.
- Listen to the track you uploaded to SoundCloud
- Consider what genre of music it fits into
- Determine what types of hashtags you could use to help people find and categorize it (for example #BoomBap or #Afrobeat)
- If you haven’t already done so, add the genre and tags into your track information
- Take a look at the different ways you can share your tracks from SoundCloud
Interested in sharing your music with people you know in a way that is private?
Take a look at this video that shows you how to share your music privately:
2. Choose some social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc.) where you can share your music along with the hashtags you chose.
- What might be the best ways for you to share your music?
- How do you friends and peers find out about most of the music they listen to?
- How do they discover new music?
- What are advantages of the different websites or forms of social media for sharing your music?
3. Now, use one of the SoundCloud sharing options to share your music on a social media platform of your choice and add the hashtags that describe your music.
Share What You Learned
Upload a screenshot or link to your beat shared on a social media platform also showing the hashtags