What kind of listening is helpful for jamming and improvising?
If you are going to jam with others or even with a recording or accompaniment, it helps to listen.
- What kind of listening is helpful for jamming and improvising?
Watch this video on listening:
- Create your own music with incredibox
- Solo a part by clicking the headphone icon and listen to what that part sounds like
- Play the entire mix
- Close your eyes and listen for the part you soloed
- Try this with each of the parts you added to the mix
Share What You Learned
- Describe your experience listening to the individual parts in the mix.
- Discuss: Which parts were you able to hear in the entire mix? Why do you think this type of listening is helpful for jamming and improvising?